The 100% recyclable, plastic-free, repulpable metallized paper
and board that specifiers prefer
Unilustre® is our proprietary paper and board substrate that delivers visual impact of foil and film laminates with
none of the environmental or production challenges. Unilustre® lets designers and packaging specifiers create the impactful, dynamic designs that dazzle the eye and grab consumer’s attention. From a production standpoint, Unilustre® prints, scores and folds as easily as paper.
Specified by many of today’s top global brands, Unilustre® papers and boards are ideal for cosmetic, personal care, beverage, confection, and retail goods packaging. It makes point-of-purchase and specialty printing come to life.
Non-laminated, plastic-free and solvent-free Unilustre® is recyclable and repulpable*, and can be made from post-consumer waste. It satisfies consumer-product-goods companies’ sustainability initiatives — its materials contribute to source reduction, use less energy and fewer materials compared with alternative products, are less expensive to ship, and can significantly reduce a company’s carbon footprint.
Unilustre®is available in metallic silver, stock and custom holographic patterns and with advanced holographic security options. It can be applied in-register to the substrate through our proprietary process. With the addition of color and embossing, your design options are truly endless.
Unilustre® can be applied to a variety of paperboard substrates so it’s perfect for all product packaging categories. Our Unilustre® DI coating is approved for use with HP Indigo and is compatible with most major digital printers.
*Studies conducted at the Institute of Paper Science & Technology in Atlanta, and at a major manufacturer of recycled paperboard have confirmed the repulpability of Unilustre® (reports and data are available upon request).
- 100% Recyclable & Repulpable — the proprietary vapor deposition of aluminum is practically insignificant so the substrate is not contaminated
- Eye Catching Brilliance — with no film layer to see through — it is a first-generation embossing Reusable, regrindable, recyclable: compatible with recyclable and regrindable IML and IMD applications
- Security — High Refraction Image (HRI), Hidden Image (H/I) and Pin Strip
- Gauge & Weight Efficiency — the absence of film eliminates film weight, allowing better yields for printers and shipping cost reduction
- Recyclability & Regrindability — the proprietary vapor deposition of aluminum is practically insignificant so the substrate is not contaminated
- Reduction of Ink — selective application of Unilustre® to the substrate eliminates most of the white ink, which is sometimes double bumped for coverage
- Glueability — selective Unilustre® adhesive to pull fiber, bond strength
- Source Reduction — the absence of laminated film means larger yields per carton and roll
- Excellent Dead Fold — metallized board scores, folds and embosses better than film, without the tendency to curl or metal particles to flake off
- Non-Laminated — paperboard is balanced and eliminates the possibility of delamination
- Eliminates labels and direct printing
- Curl Free — with a non-laminated balanced sheet, the process does not utilize heat or re-moisturizing, which could cause imbalance (curl)
- Unilustre® is a lower-cost alternative to hot-stamping and some metallized applications, and promises increased printing speeds compared to foil or film laminates
- Security can be incorporated to insure security and authenticity